1. How can I make a flight booking on your vietnamflight.org?
Follow these steps to make your booking:
Step 1. Select your type of flight and number of passenger(s): One-way, round trip or multiple destination.
Step 2. When you choose your flight(s) by clicking on the radio button, the flight details will be appeared on right box.
Step 3. Fill in the passenger's information and contact details.
Step 4. In this screen, you can re-view your information. Make sure your selected flight(s) includes: route, departure and arrival times, date, flight number and passenger detailed information are correct.
Step 5. Select the payment method and click “Process to Pay”.
2. Which flights are available for for booking on this website?
Online booking is available on international and domestic flights operated by Vietnam Airlines and some codeshare flights with our partner airlines.
3. How can I find the best fare offered on your website?
When you search flight on our website, our system will display the best available fare.
4. Can I purchase ticket for my infant (under 2 year old) on vietnamflight.org and how does it cost?
Yes, you can purchase ticket for your infant without seat on our website. Please see details for Infants.
5. How many passengers can I book per transaction?
You can book a maximum of 6 passengers (not including infant under 2 years old). If you want to book more than 6 passengers, you can apply for second time or contact us directly.
6. What is an electronic ticket (eTicket)?
An eTicket is a ticket that is stored electronically rather than being printed on paper as a paper ticket. For tickets purchased online, you can collect it by your email when used our online booking system. You should carry your eTicket at all times for both international and domestic flights.
7. How can I change my ticket even though the E-Ticket was issued?
There are many types of fares, each with different restrictions. Depending on the departure time & current time, please contact us by phone or email. We will make the change for you, which is chargeable.
8. How do I use the eTicket I purchased?
When check-in flight, you must present your eTicket and your passport/ID to receive your boarding pass.
9. Which payment methods are acceptable?
We accept payment by Credit/Debit card, PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer.
10. How can I pay for my eTicket?
For Credit/Debit card and PayPal, you can either make payment directly on our site or request us to send you a secure link to pay after ticket availability is confirmed via phone or email. We accept most major credit cards such as American Express, Visa, Master and Diner’s Club...
For bank transfer and Western Union, we will provide you our banking information to transfer money after your ticket availability is confirmed.
11. What does the listed price include on your website?
The price listed on our website is the final price inclusive of Fares, Taxes, Fees & Charges. Price is mostly calculated in US Dollar, however, If you choose pay by Credit/Debit cards option, currency will be automatically converted into Vietnamese Dong at the time of applying.
12. When do I need to pay for my flights?
eTickets have to be paid in full after seat availability is confirmed. Upon receiving your payment, we will confirm and send you the electronic air ticket by email.
13. How can I do to cancel my eTicket and get refund?
To cancel your eTicket, please contact us directly by phone or email. If you paid for your ticket by Credit/Debit card or PayPal account, depending on the fare rules, the refund may be permitted with fee or not permitted. The refund will be credited to the payment card or PayPal account that was used to purchase the tickets.
14. What is the allowance for carry-on baggage?
Business Class passenger can carry two pieces on board. Economy Class passenger can carry 1 piece of baggage.
Each piece has a maximum weight of 7kg and the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm (56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm) or (22 x 14 x 9 inches).
In addition, each passenger may carry, without additional charges, the following personal objects for use during embarking, disembarking or onboard, provided that such objects are retained by passenger's custody:
• A handbag, pocket book or lady's purse, i.e., which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage;
• An overcoat, wrap or blanket;
• An umbrella or walking stick (except one with metal-filled sharp pointed end)
• A laptop computer, a small camera and/or a binoculars;
• A reasonable amount of reading materials for in-flight reading only;
• Infant's food for consumption in flight;
• Infant's carrying basket or bassinet;
• A fully collapsible wheel chair.
• A pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use.
15. What items can not be packed in my carry-on baggage?
The following items which in a passenger’s possession may be considered as weapons or dangerous objects and are not accepted as carry-on baggage:
• All knives, including hunting knives and others;
• Bludgeons, blackjacks, billy clubs or similar instruments;
• Any other device or object not commonly viewed as dangerous, but the possession of which suggests that it may be used as a weapon, namely, ice picks, straight (cut-throat) razors, long-blade scissors, etc.
16. If I purchase beverages or other liquids/gels beyond the security checkpoint at the airport, may I bring them on the plane?
Yes, provided that such liquids are packed in a transparent sealed plastic bag provided by the seller, that is tamper-evident. The proof of purchase at airport duty free shops, or on board aircraft has to be displayed satisfactorily with the name of the shop and date of purchase without the opening of the bag.
17. Are baggage allowances the same across different airlines and locations?
No, baggage allowances do vary across different airlines and locations.